Sunday, March 8, 2015

7DRL Challenge

Another Game Jam


This week I'll be participating win the 7 Day Roguelike Challenge over at 7DRL.org.
This game-jam is very different than most others. First of all, you have 7 days to complete the game instead of a normal 24 or 48 hours. Also, you're encouraged to have a concept planned out ahead of time.

I've been working on the game design with my team mates Anthony Duggan and Jon Trainor. During the week, I'll be doing art, interface, and helping make any game design changes that come up along the way.

I've never worked on a roguelike, or even played them much, so this will be a very interesting experience. Just making the game design doc and planning all the stats and interactions has been super fun so far. My team is super passionate, especially Jon :) and I'll be sure to post the finished result in 7 days.

Our concept (Jon's idea) is a turn-based version of baseball, where you have to play through an entire season against a procedurally generated league. Not your traditional roguelike.

You can check out our messy, but evolving design doc that we'll be updating as we go.
RogueBasedImitation Baseball Design Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment